Good morning (er, afternoon), and Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there (especially mine). I hope you're having a good weekend and that it's got the right mix of fun and relaxing. After a month of not getting more than one day off at a time, I finagled three. That's right. I am so looking forward to doing...not much. It's gonna be great.
In that spirit, here are a few things I've found worth reading lately.
- a meditation on being available in every moment
- Paris: The Novel I finished reading this the other week (last week? I'm not sure), and while I didn't enjoy it as much as some of his other books, it's about Paris, so I automatically like it
- Pulling back the veil: Moms (and dads) really can't do it all, and that's ok. Why won't so many admit to having help?
- If you need another reason DOMA needs to disappear, this short video gives you one. Fingers crossed that SCOTUS rules appropriately (and soon! the suspense is killing me)
- Numi Tea is running an Instagram contest with lots of winners. Here's how to win a 100-count box of your favorite Numi tea bags. (I won this past week, but, no, they didn't ask me to post this, nor do they know that I am)
- You're probably way ahead of me on this, but I've recently discovered Oh, Ladycakes and it's just lovely. and mouthwatering. and vegan. and oh so lovely.
- Are you dreaming of distant lands? Deb of Smitten Kitchen is in Italy and sharing lots of photos via Instagram. swoon.
Now, it's your turn. What's on your list?